A blog for (semi) athletic middle-aged men (and women) holding on to (the last vestiges of) their youth
by training for and competing in running, cycling, swimming and triathlon events!


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No Motivation

More than a week has passed since the Vineman Ironman 70.3 and I'm back to the routine of home and work, but really struggling to find motivation to train for the Chicago Half Marathon on September 9. I got up and ran yesterday but slept in this morning. I had intended to go to the Castle View High School track and put in some speed work, but just laid in bed instead.

I love the anticipation that leads up to big events like Ride the Rockies and Vineman, but I don't like the feeling I get when it's over. I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon.

I finally downloaded my Vineman "track" from my Garmin Forerunner to the MotionBased TrailNetwork. So if you are interested in retracing the route on your own, you can view it -- or even download it to your Garmin GPS device -- by clicking on the map (at left).

One of the cool things about MotionBased is you can get all of the data from your rides, runs, and events like Vineman, including the weather! Turns out it was even hotter than I thougth. According to MotionBased the high temp during Vineman was 89.6 and the humidity was 88 percent. That's a Heat Index of 120F. It's no wonder I was struggling towards the end of the run!

Daren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment or question here!