A blog for (semi) athletic middle-aged men (and women) holding on to (the last vestiges of) their youth
by training for and competing in running, cycling, swimming and triathlon events!


Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pictures!

I finally found time and internet access to post some pictures. We're hanging out today in Crested Butte, CO, on our rest day. Thank goodness. I'm not sure I could have hopped back on my bike today. I would have but I would not have been happy about it :)

Day One: team DFL at the Start of the ride in Durango, CO. From left: Karen, Patty, Kent, Jane, and me (in my beef jersey).

Day Two: My camp in Cortez, with my beef jersey drying on my tent.

Day Three: Skinny catching a quick nap at Smuggler's in Telluride.

Day Four: At the Summit of Dallas Divide, near the Ralph Lauren Ranch.

Day Four: Beef tenderloin on the grill at Jeri's house in Montrose.

Day Four: The bike security area in Montrose, CO, under a full moon (the baseball field).

Day Four: My "home" in Montrose.

Day Five: Snowman Jr. (my constant travel companion entrusted to me by my daughter, H) hangs out listening to "Grass It Up" (a local bluegrass band) at the mountain resort in Crested Butte.

So our rest day is drawing to a close. time to head to the beer garden to groove to Shakedown Street (a Grateful Dead cover band), then to dinner at Timberline. Steakhouse. Of course.
Eat beef!
Daren

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the picutres, the comments, and the call from earlier today. It was great to think about you getting a rest! Good luck tomoroow on what will be another huge challenge ride. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daren,it's great fun to follow your progress and see these photos! Looks like you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comment or question here!