A blog for (semi) athletic middle-aged men (and women) holding on to (the last vestiges of) their youth
by training for and competing in running, cycling, swimming and triathlon events!


Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's the Ride the Rockies 2015 Route Premiere Party Announcement!

Christmas has past and the New Year is just around the corner. Every year at this time I start thinking about which "big event" I want to tackle in the coming year. For 8 of the past 10 years for me that event has been Ride the Rockies, a week-long road cycling adventure in the Colorado Rockies. RTR combines the physical challenge of cycling 400+ miles over 12,000 ft. mountain passes with the emotional escape from the world of TVs, cars and mobile devices (at least partially!) that makes for what I consider the perfect vacation. Imagine eating (and drinking) all you want for a week and still losing weight!


One of the things I like about RTR is every year the route is different. So over those 8 years I have ridden over most major mountain passes and visited numerous mountain towns in Colorado and yet every year brings something new: new scenery, new experiences and new friends. Each year the route is announced at the official Ride the Rockies Premiere Party in Denver. Riders who are able to attend get the first glimpse at the route midst a preview of the carb-heavy eating and drinking that will take place during the week provided by Maggiano's Little Italy and Odell Brewing Company

In the past two years I attended and posted/tweeted the route as it was announced live. Unfortunately I will be out of town this year and unable to attend. But don't worry, I will try to figure out a way to get the scoop and pass it along that night so stay tuned here or follow me on Twitter (@REAL_BEEFMAN) if you are interested.

Ride on!

Daren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment or question here!