A blog for (semi) athletic middle-aged men (and women) holding on to (the last vestiges of) their youth
by training for and competing in running, cycling, swimming and triathlon events!


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moonlight in Montrose

I'm sitting on the bleachers at Montrose High School watching a full moon rise over the mountains. It's a great end to a great day.

I had a good ride today. Legs felt good. Seat felt fine (except for the 10-mile stretch of "chip and seal" road with loose gravel).

I had an even better dinner at my old friend Jeri's house in Montrose. Beef tenderloin, twice-baked potatoes, and a blue-cheese, pine nut, raspberry vinaigrette salad. All this sitting on a huge deck overlooking the valley and mountains. It was a rare evening of civilization in the midst of a week of porta potties, communal showers and aid station food (bananas, oranges, Gatorade and water).

And now I'm headed back to my tent to rest up for tomorrow's 92-mile climb to Crested Butte.

Good night.

Daren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comment or question here!